People know best team wins always and that is why it is a sport but still hardcore fans put all their lives with sentiments into this game that is played /watched heavily in the subcontinent.
Ten of those superstitions or sentiments of cricket fans – (If you know more increase the list)
- prayers in homes, temples and mosques.
- Wicket of opponent team for every trip of a fan to the loo
- Cricket fan’s pet (dog’s) sitting position costing opponent team’s wicket
- People wear ’lucky’ colours or their ’lucky ’ dress, some fans wear same dress unwashed for all India playing matches
- Pujas and offerings are promised to the deity if the team wins.
- A cricket fan watches the game standing (100 overs)
- Banning some one from the group of fans labeling him as curse for loosing the match
- Fans like Anupam kher in SRK’s movie Darr wearing leg pads and dressed up for the match.
- Fans seeking the advise of astrologers if cup goes to India
- Fans putting TV as per ‘vasthu‘ to make their team win the match.