I got this as email forward.
spread this message to avoid rumors and to educate people.
HIV Myths ->
HIV can *never survive in any other liquid* medium also other than
blood or semen (& please for God sake … never in Pani Puri wala
* Even if one drinks an HIV infected blood (or semen) of someone
(ingest through Gastro Intestinal track), the virus can not survive in
acidic pH of stomach*.
* Exposure of less than 1 second in AIR KILLS the HIV virus*(hence
story of needle pricks in Cinema theatres is a crap). Even if blood
a wound (of infected person) dries up (*blood clot*), *the virus
dies*and can not infect anyone else
* HIV transmission is *ONLY* an *INFECTION* i.e.entrance of virus in
one’s body. It *DOES NOT MEAN AIDS*.
* An HIV-infected person (after entrance of virus) can progress to a
condition of AIDS only after *8 to 10 YEARS *(not in 15 days as in the
Pani Puri story)
* It is *not HIV (virus) that kills a human* …..the virus attacks
immune cells (cells that fight against foreign pathogens/antigens) and
hence a person’s ability to fight against infections & diseases slowly
diminishes and person ultimately dies of a disease which could be as
simple as TB
* Most importantly, HIV is no longer a dreadful disease … it is
“*CHRONIC MANAGEABLE DISEASE*” just like Diabetes or Hypertension.
* If there is anything you need to be careful from to prevent HIV is
Unsafe sex*, *Blood transfusion* (check before taking) /Blood donation
(use sterilized needles only) and any *blood contact during an
*or so where amount of bleeding is very high.
PLZ PLZ spread this message to avoid rumors and to educate people.
|Positively False: Exposing the Myths Around HIV and AIDS
A prize-winning medical journalist sets out to show that the HIV=AIDS=death hypothesis, which has wrongly acquired the force of certainty, has been riddled with flaws leading to distorted results, wrong conclusions and needless suffering. Shenton argues that research has been driven by the financial interests of pharmaceutical companies and by the ambitions of unscrupulous scientists equally anxious to protect their research funding, their patented HIV test kits, and ultimately their egos.