USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) has revised I-9 form removing five documents from acceptable documentation list – “proof of identity” and “employment eligibility”
The revised list now includes only the below forms:
* U.S. passport (unexpired or expired);
* Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551);
* Unexpired foreign passport with a temporary I-551 stamp;
* Unexpired Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766, I-688, I-688A, or I-688B); and
* Unexpired foreign passport with an unexpired Arrival-Departure Record (Form I-94) for non immigrant aliens authorized to work for a specific employer.
Click me for M-274, Handbook for Employers, Instructions for Completing the Form I-9
USCIS encourages to use new I-9 form and is mandatory only when notice is published in the Federal Register.