Welcome Back ! The best of the web for the day –
- Two Microsoft UNUSUAL news for today – 1) BillGates is now on twitter 2) Bing search share rising – Google vs. Bing graph .
- Two USUAL Microsoft news for today – 1) 17 yrs old MS Windows OS bug is hacking prone 2) Windows 7 vs Vista vs Mac OS.
- Google stunners for today – 1) Disappointing (Analysts) 4th Quarter earnings 2) Youtube is no more flash dependent now supports HTML5
- Apple rumors continues – 1) Tablet on Verizon ? NYTimes said they are going to do paid content like WSJ & in talks w/ Apple. NYtimes says starting from year 2011.
- Note from Google Blogger team: Issues with Blogger videos and Picasa BlogThis are now fixed! Thanks everyone for your patience
- Two improvements to Google search: Highlighting answers in search results and rich snippets for events.
- India govt. pushing US for H1-B employees not contributing to Social Security . H1B employees stays 6 years in US where as SS benefits need 10 yrs of US stay. H1-Bs are contibuting $1Billion annually to SS fund this way.
- Anti H1-Bs VS. Body shoppers. Court rules shutdown of Anti H1-B sites.
- The recently passed in–state tuition bill helping foreign H1-B professionals 2 attend local Universities 2 do MBA & other graduate courses.
- Wipro bags #1 rank 2 get 1964 H1-Bs approved in yr 2009 followed by Microsoft (1318), Intel (723) & IBM India (695)
- Most H1B American Visa holders are under 35 & are from India.