Department of Labor released PERM processing stats for 8 months i.e between October 2010 and May 2011. Key takeaways from this release.
– Regular PERM processing is taking three to four months on average
– 37% Bachelors, 37% Master, 4% PHD and 12% Associate degree, High school or no degree
– 29% cases were audited, 24% in appeal
– Audit application processing time lag is 9 months
– Appealed applications processing time is 2 years 9 months
This is good news for all those applying in PERM as DOL is making good progress in reducing backlogs. The labor certifications pproval will be faster now.