Starting October 14, 2011 the iOS5 users besides their iCloud 5GB storage can now utilize a promotion run by Box.Net to get free 50 GB for life.
– From your iOS5 iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch device install Box app
– Launch Box app and register
– Upload files, photos and music to the Box cloud up to 50 GB
– Note the promotion is only for 50 days starting on October 14, 2011
iCloud (5GB) vs. DropBox (2GB), Box.Net (50 GB) :
– iCloud Free 5GB storage allows only photos and music uploads. Both Box.net and Dropbox with huge free storage lets users to store any file types with collaborating and document management options.
– Websites owners can backup their wordpress sites to Box.net account.
– PC users can mount box.net as another drive so easy to upload documents to share between windows and iOS5 devices
PC (Windows 7) Instructions:
1.) Open Explorer (My Computer) and click Map Network Drive
2.) Choose a Drive Letter and enter the following in the Folder line: https://www.box.net/dav
3.) Check “Reconnect on Login” and Check “Connect Using different credentials”
4.) Hit Finish
5.) Give it a few minutes, it will eventually ask you for a username and password. Enter your Box.net username and password, check Remember Password and hit OK.
6.) Profit! (It will show up in My Computer as another drive like your harddrive.)
1.) In the Mac Finder select the GO menu then choose Connect to Server (Or Command-K).
2.) Put in the address: https://www.box.net/dav
3.) When it prompts, put in your Box.net username as your name and your Box.net password in the password field.